Use these whipped potatoes instead of your regular potatoes tonight for supper. I bet no one in the family notices and if they do it will be because they are so darn yummy. They feel so naughty but they’re not. They are a must try this week!
Even though they are “whipped potatoes” no where in this recipe will you find potatoes! Instead we will be using cauliflower! We choose this due to the many health benefits of coniferous vegetables (phytonutrients and vitamin C). Aside from all the wonderful health benefits of cauliflower this recipe is delicious! You will be addicted!
- 1 Large Head Cauliflower
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Herbs (chives work particularly well)
- Sea Salt
- Fresh Ground Pepper
- ½ Cup Onion
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- Chop cauliflower into smaller chunks – about bite-size pieces works well.
- Peel garlic cloves and cut in half, lengthwise. Chop onion into slices.
- Steam cauliflower, garlic and onion for 15 minutes, or until cauliflower and garlic are tender enough for a fork to easily pass through.
- Combine steamed cauliflower, garlic, onion, olive oil, fresh herbs, pepper, and sea salt in a food processor and blend until everything comes together into a mashed potato-like consistency. I like mine whipped.
- Top with a little pepper for looks and enjoy your guilt-free whipped potatoes.
TIP: if you love a sour cream and chives on your whipped potatoes top your whipped cauliflower with a dollop of fat free Greek yogurt and some fresh chopped chives! So delish!