- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2-2/3 cups beef stock
- 4 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- 2 cups cubed cooked roast beef
- In a small saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and cook for 1 minute. stir in flour and pepper until blended. Gradually whisk in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in vegetables and beef; heat through. Transfer to pie dish.
- In a bowl, make biscuit batter. Spoon evenly over meat mixture. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 400 degrees F for until bubbly and top is golden brown. Serves 8.